Horizontal Surface Maintenance (CHF L1)
Course Ref. No. : TGS-2022013016
Course Validity and Funding Support Period : 17 April 2022 to 16 April 2024
This unit covers the basic knowledge and skills required to follow processes and procedures on cleaning of hard floor surfaces and carpets, which includes removing spillage, loose dust, debris, impacted soil and mopping.
This course consists of classroom facilitation and practical training, followed by assessment.
- Prepare for cleaning activities
- Remove spillage, loose dust and debris from hard floor surfaces and carpets
- Remove impacted soil from hard floor surfaces and carpets
- Perform mopping of hard floor surfaces
- Reinstate work area after cleaning
- Reporting discrepancies at the workplace
Who should attend
Workers currently working in cleaning industry, such as:
- Cleaning staff from licensed cleaning businesses providing cleaning services at commercial and industrial premises and public areas.
- Staff carrying out in-house cleaning of offices, foodshops and childcare centres.
- Most of these learners in this group would have working experience in the cleaning industry and wish to be WSQ-certified for their skills.
- Self-sponsored individual learners who may be unemployed or they may not be currently in the cleaning industry, but are keen to embark on a career in the cleaning industry.
Minimum Entry Requirement
Develop Reading, Listening and Speaking of English to a proficiency level equivalent to Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 2. Develop Numeracy skills to a proficiency level equivalent to Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 2.
You will be awarded a Statement Of Attainment (SOA) upon completion of the course.
TSC Code: EVS-CGO-1004-1.1
|Mode of Training||Classroom / Practical|
|Total Training Hours||18.00 hours|
|Total Assessment Hours||1 hour|
|Mode of Assessment||
|Type||Category of Individuals/Employer Sponsored Learner|
|Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (50% Funding)||Employer-sponsored and self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (70% Funding)||SME-sponsored local employees (i.e. Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents) (70% Funding)|
|SkillsFuture Funding (Baseline)||SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy||SkillsFuture Enhanced Training Support for SMEs|
|Full Course Full||$350.00||$350.00||$350.00|
|Skills Future Funding||$175.00||$245.00||$245.00|
|Total Nett Fee||$175.00||$105.00||$105.00|
|GST (8% x S$350)||$28.00||$28.00||$28.00|
|Total Fee Payable||$203.00||$133.00||$133.00|
Note: SSG Funding is only applicable to Singaporeans & Permanent Residents, and is subject to approval by SSG
- For course withdrawal, the refund amount will depend on how many days before course start date that the withdrawal request is received by BESPOKE, as below:
- More than Ten (10) days – Refund of 100% of course fee collected
- Four (4) to Ten (10) days - Refund of course fee collected an administration charge of $53.50.
- Three (3) days or less – No refund of course fee collected.
- For any amount of refund approved by BESPOKE, the refund amount will be made through a mode of payment that will be determined by BESPOKE at its sole discretion.
- There will be no refund for partial attendance of the course.
Information on SSG funding guidelines is available at:
Funding for Individuals
Funding Support for Employers